Thursday, March 13, 2014

Island Quilter...Vashon Island Fabric store

Update: This store has closed. The space was needed for another business.  I gotta say this is serious loss to the VI business community. 

I am not a quilter.

I've only made a handful to quilts in my life and they were all child size.  I think they are beautiful but I don't think I have the eye for it, and the other issue is that quilts just aren't my house aesthetic so even if I made one what would I do with it?

On the other hand, I love fabric. I might even love fabric more than I like white sugar or more than I like gluten, more than I like sunny July days in the PNW....no that last one feels like too much of a stretch... But the options for fabric are addictive at Island Quilter.

Yup right in downtown Vashon is a fabric/quilting store.

There is so much stock.
I repeat.
There is so much stock.
So much of it is beautiful.
It's almost all accessible.

I love love love it.

Mostly I go there for thread, a couple yards of this, a couple yards of that...I am not the reason they are still in business sadly.  But I wish  I could be!







No comments:

Post a Comment